top of page

Guidelines for ๐‘ณ๐‘ป๐‘จ ๐‘จ๐’‘๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’—๐’†๐’… ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’“ ๐‘พ๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’๐’˜ ๐‘ป๐’Š๐’๐’• #Singapore #TintedFilm






Car Window Tint Percentages: A Comprehensive Guide #Singapore


Car window tinting is a popular modification that not only enhances the appearance of your vehicle but also provides several practical benefits. From reducing glare and protecting against harmful UV rays to enhancing privacy, car window tinting offers a range of advantages.


However, when it comes to choosing the right tint for your car, understanding the concept of tint percentages is crucial. In this article, we will explore car window tint percentages in depth, helping you make an informed decision.


Understanding Window Tint Percentages


Window tint percentages refer to the amount of light transmission allowed through the tinted windows. This percentage is often referred to as the Visible Light Transmission (VLT) percentage. For example, a window tint with a VLT of 20% allows 20% of visible light to pass through the glass, while blocking the remaining 80%.


Different Tint Percentage Options:

1. 5-10%: These darker tints offer a high level of privacy and are commonly used for limousines and luxury vehicles. They significantly reduce the amount of visible light coming into the car, providing a more subdued and private atmosphere.


2. 20-30%: Tints falling within this range strike a balance between privacy and visibility. They provide a moderate level of darkness while still allowing a reasonable amount of light to enter the vehicle. This range is a popular choice for individuals seeking both aesthetics and practicality.


3. 35-50%: Lighter tints falling within this range offer a subtle level of privacy while maintaining good visibility. These tints are often chosen by drivers who want to enhance the look of their vehicle while ensuring sufficient light enters the cabin.


4. 50-70%: These tints are commonly referred to as โ€œlightโ€ or โ€œalmost clearโ€ tints. They provide minimal privacy and primarily focus on reducing glare and blocking harmful UV rays. This range is a popular choice for individuals who want the benefits of window tinting without significantly affecting the overall appearance of their vehicle.


Whether you prioritise privacy, heat reduction, UV protection, or glare reduction, thereโ€™s a tint percentage that can cater to your needs.


_________


Latest Update from LTA Onemotoring wesbite as of 12/12/2023:


These requirements must be met when installing tinted films on windscreens and windows:


  • They must be non-reflective

  • At least 70% of light must be able to pass through the front windscreen and the two front side windows

  • At least 25% of light must be able to pass through the rear windscreen and the two rear side windows

  • The front windscreen must not affect the transmission of signals between the In-vehicle Unit (IU) and the Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantry

_________


Other services provided:

โ€ข๐‘ซ๐’†-๐‘ช๐’‰๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐‘พ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘ - ๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’”๐’” | ๐‘ด๐’‚๐’•๐’• ๐‘ฉ๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ

โ€ข๐‘ท๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’• ๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’•๐’†๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’Š๐’„๐’†๐’”

โ€ข๐‘ฐ๐’๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’“ ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’“ ๐‘ฎ๐’“๐’๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’Š๐’„๐’†๐’”


For More Details:

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ฌ๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ - https://wa.link/x4bfqiย 

๐€๐๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ - https://maps.app.goo.gl/pHkDCqHW2ZxHkDwA9ย 

๐–๐ž๐›๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ž - https://www.mintgroom.com


bottom of page